|Home » |
Samsung LN22D450 22-Inch 1080p 60Hz LCD HDTV (Black)
Samsung LN22D450 22-Inch 1080p 60Hz LCD HDTV (Black)
Touch of Color design
Exceeds ENERGY STAR standards
|Average Customer Rating:
|| based on 130 reviews|
Average Customer Review:
( 130 customer reviews )
Write an online review and share your thoughts with other customers.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
159 of 164 found the following review helpful:
About that base . . .May 19, 2011
By Christopher Grant
Putting together the base was fairly straightforward for me. At no point did I feel that I had to overtighten the screws in order to keep things from wobbling. The one glitch is that (in English, French, and Spanish) the instructions for assembling the base have the labels for the front and the rear switched, so that the pedestal is alleged to be closer to the front of the base than the rear, contrary to what published photos of the assembled product indicate. I don't know if this mislabeling is what has given people problems with the base, or if Samsung used to ship worse-fitting hardware than it does now. In any case, I'm glad I didn't let the complaints about the base hold me back from purchasing this item.
I've owned this set for less than 24 hours, but perhaps some initial impressions will be helpful to other shoppers:
1) I spent over half an hour wandering through an electronics megastore comparing pictures and I have to say that I couldn't detect any advantage of 1080p over 720p for sets of this size. (I assume that a store this big was feeding in some 1080p content, but I could be wrong.) At home, over-the-air 720p and 1080i content looks great on this set.
2) While the LED sets are sleeker than the LCD sets, I didn't think that the LED picture was any better. Both I and one other customer in the store were vacillating between the Samsung UN32D4000N and this set, and we both ended up opting for this one.
3) Some review sites represent these LCD sets as having narrow viewing angles. To my eyes, that was far from true, as almost every set in the store had a picture that was easily viewable from far to the side.
4) Buyers' guides imply that we all now need sets that are twice as big as the sets we were buying a few years ago. In particular, a 32-inch set is all of a sudden considered far too small for a living room. Well, I think this set looks good in my living room. It's nice not to have my house look like my life revolves around television viewing.
5) If there's a way to have this set memorize channels from two different antenna positions, it wasn't obvious to me. Fortunately, on my 3rd or 4th try I was able to orient my antenna so that the set located all my local channels on one scan.
6) At this set's current price, you run very little risk of buyers' remorse.
66 of 67 found the following review helpful:
Excellent picture quality, mediocre audio at bestMay 12, 2011
By J. Hetherington
1) As noted in other reviews attaching the stand to the television is challenging and will require much more force than you would believe necessary.
2) Owners manual is not very thorough nor are instructions very clear
3) Attaching the securing strap(not included) on the back of the televsion to your stand involves creativity & parts of your choosing, as there are no instruction.
1) Excellent video quality for 720P/60Hz
2) Attractive / aesthetically pleasing appearance
3) Nice menu layout and features
4) (2)HDMI's & (1)USB
For anyone experiencing problems with the picture quality this television has a built in picture & audio test. To implement the test(s) you will need
1)The Green Menu Button near the center of the remote
2)Use the UP arrow to scroll UP one to where "Support" is displayed vertically along the left edge of the set
3)Arrow to the RIGHT Once
4)Arrow DOWN once to "Self Diagnosis"
5)Press Enter or the button in the middle of the four arrow keys
6)Select Either "Picture Test" or "Sound Test"
The picture test displays two children on a beach surrounded by some beach toys, it displays very vibrant colors, blues, oranges, yellow as well as strong sunlight contrast
to check the black and white balance of the set. My test image appears incredible.
The sound test plays some type of theme song music that I personally find annoying yet it also provides very clear, stereo sound and does so at the volume level your set is
set to at the time of the test.
Unfortunately because the owners manual is so lacking it takes time to learn all the settings and adjust them appropriately. Yet once you have the picture quality of this television
rivals any 32" television I have ever seen, bar none.
53 of 55 found the following review helpful:
Another great Samsung.Apr 18, 2011
Coming from an LNT4061, LNT4069, and, most recently, an LN40A650, I'd happy to say that this TV has yet to disappoint. The Samsung quality is all there and it feels considerably evolved from the previous generations I've owned. I'm using this as an office monitor and television - for both occasions, it's a terrific set. The colors are vivid, the sound is crisp, and I have yet to experience any issues with it. I'd also note that this television, while considered the entry level for 2011, is slightly thinner and substantially lighter than other 32" models within the Samsung product lineup and other companies' models within the same price range. There ARE thinner and lighter 32" TV's, but you'll spend an additional $150+ just for the size difference. This was a deciding factor in my case, since I wanted an easily wall-mounted TV without breaking the bank. I'd highly recommend this particular model for anyone looking for a bedroom/office television. It's just the right quality and size at just the right price.
33 of 36 found the following review helpful:
Great Picture, Average Sound, Awesome Price!Mar 23, 2011
The Samsung LN26D450 26" LCD tv has been great. The picture is remarkable. There is minimal ghosting during fast action video, the colors are full and vibrant. Much better than older 26" LCD tv's I've looked at in the past. The Price of the new 2011 models are much better than last year models as well (~$100 cheaper). The menus are very easy to use in making adjustments. The remote is also very easy to use. It has all the necessary Component and HDMI slots for setting up Directv/Cable box, Blu Ray players, and more. It has it all!!
The only aspect of this tv that is not perfect is the sound quality. I have yet to see a LCD tv with good sound. I have a 52" LCD tv in the living room and it was awful. I had to get a Bose system to finally get some good sound. This 26" tv is better than other tv's sound quality I have heard, but its still not perfect. I use this for my bedroom, so the sound is perfectly sufficient for my needs. No matter what lcd tv you buy nowadays, your pretty much forced to buy an audio system to along with it. Overall, this tv is great and I would buy it again if I had to. When looking at the other 26" tv options out there, this tv exceeds expectations!
11 of 11 found the following review helpful:
Nice setNov 25, 2011
Solid looking TV with wide, stable stand. Picture is great, but then most of the new sets look great as long as you're watching HD. For anyone who's still unaware, a standard resolution picture will actually look worse on your new HDTV than it did on you're old 4:3 tube set---just not enough signal information. I'm continually reading user reviews of flat panel TV's that knock the sound quality. Don't know what they're expectations are. I'm sure there are some tinny sounding sets out there, but I've had no problems with 3 name-brand TV's (LG, Sony, and this Samsung). And the sound on this model seems particularly good. Try out the different Sound Modes and make sure the SRS TruSound HD is turned ON, to get the stereo effect. There's even an equalizer. All the inputs you're likely to need. My one nitpicky criticism (which will not be a problem for most) is that the 2nd HDMI input is located on the side. I connected my DVD player there, and because of the height of an HDMI plug, the cable actually shows beyond the side of the bezel when viewing the set from the front (which is of course where you will be). I believe most people will find this to be a very satisfactory purchase---perfect size for a bedroom or small den.
See all 130 customer reviews on Amazon.com